About Government Affairs
Advocating for pro-homeownership policies throughout Riverside County is the top priority for BIA's Government Affairs Team. BIA works to maintain a favorable business climate that promotes homeownership opportunities for working families and protects the homebuilding industry from unnecessary financial and regulatory restrictions.
Reduction in Development Impact Fees.
Effective retroactively to July 1st 2013.
Success in supported candidates elected.
8 of 9 candidates supported were elected. They are strategic partners for us that understand the issues our industry
WHAT WE Do
As your advocate, the BIA government affairs team keeps you connected to public policy makers on the local, state and federal government levels.
- Covering all of Riverside County, BIA represents your business in 10 local jurisdictions
- BIA staff attends thousands of meeting annually throughout the county
- As the industry watchdog, BIA staff scrutinizes local actions at every step of the process - ensuring homeowners' and member's interests are protected
BIA strives to set the agenda for local government to protect the dream of homeownership. Here are some of the hot topics in Riverside County:
- Streamlining Permitting Process
- California Green Builder
- Defeating New Homeownership Fees
How can we help?
I'm Clint Lorimore, your Director of Governmental Affairs, I want to invite you to contact me if there are any legislative or policies that are affecting your business. As a service to our members, we help with legislative affairs and policies that affect the building industry. If there is something we can do to help you, please let me know by filling out this form.
Director of Governmental Affairs