Purchasing Agent- San Diego, CA
Overview: ColRich is a San Diego based, privately owned real estate company active in residential for-sale and multifamily development and management for over 30 years. The company is an industry leading, residential developer in San Diego County and owns a growing portfolio currently in excess of 10,000 multifamily units throughout the Western United States. We are a fast paced, creative organization seeking a purchasing professional who is highly motivated, self-driven, and results oriented.
Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of the Purchasing Agent is to transmit plans, scopes, and specifications to the subcontractors to obtain pricing for labor and materials required to complete a project on schedule and within the approved budget. This role negotiates and awards contracts to subcontractors as authorized by the Purchasing Manager.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Negotiate, award and coordinate assigned contracts for multiple projects
- Manage construction costs of project budgets
- Propose alternate construction methods and materials to adhere to budget and quality
- Coordinate product development and spec level with Sales, Marketing, Construction and Options
- Work with the Options Coordinator to ensure the contract award is complete
- Assist Project Management, General Superintendent, and Project Superintendent in cleansing plans to a state of “for construction” ready
- Perform job walks to ensure quality
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in construction industry
- Plan reading abilities
- Organization and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with all co-workers in a professional and courteous manner
What’s in it for me?
- Salary based upon experience with the potential for a discretionary annual bonus
- Health and dental insurance paid at the employee level fully by employer
- Section 125 and 401k plans
- Paid parking or public transport stipend
- Up to 12 paid holidays annually and paid vacation time
Email Humanresources@colrich.com today if you are interested in learning more about the position!
This position will be based in the corporate office and requires travel to alternate worksites. Standard office equipment will be used by this position when in the corporate office. This position may also require travel to local government agencies, post offices, and other places of business. When visiting construction worksites the site may be in different phases of construction. The appropriate safety protocol and gear is required when at job sites. Travel will be up to 5% for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, or kneel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
ColRich provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ColRich complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training. ColRich expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ColRich’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up