Title: Purchasing Manager
Reports To: Vice-President of Purchasing
Meetings: Weekly Purchasing Update, Bi-Weekly Team Meeting, Value Engineering Meetings
Reports Reviewed and/or Produced: Community Bidder List, Bid Tracking, Spreadsheets, Contract Status Report, MSDS Reports Database
Goal Statement: Ensure that the bid and contract processing is accomplished in an efficient and timely manner between team members and trade partners. Effectively utilizes cost control tools & systems to manage budget estimates and negotiations.
- Create specifications for all new communities, with review by VP of Purchasing.
- Develop preliminary budgets and update them monthly. All budgets to be reviewed by VP of Purchasing.
- Develop accurate and thorough bid packages, with review by VP of Purchasing.
- Obtain and evaluate all documents/data required for bidding including specifications, scopes of work, architectural documents, site plans, soils reports, community guidelines and other pertinent documents that effect vertical costs of construction.
- Solicit bids for all assigned onsite trades, and track timely bid proposals.
- Prepare thorough and precise spreadsheets, compared to current budget, for review by VP of Purchasing, prior to committing contracts.
- Negotiate all contracts to cover all requirements, eliminate all overlaps, and to achieve the best prices possible.
- Prepare onsite estimates per trade, plan and elevation (cost quantities) to determine project cots.
- Commit all contracts in writing, with all appropriate documents, and update weekly contract status reports.
- Ensure changes in plans and specifications are communicated to Suppliers and Subcontractors.
- Coordinate all contract and option prices precisely with Contract Admin personnel.
- Participate in value engineering efforts and identify areas of improvement.
- Attend frame walks, designer walks and/or collaborative team meetings in the office or field as requested or required.
- Continually pursue elimination / prevention of inefficiencies, unnecessary costs and extras.
- Monitor and communicate any cost, quantity and changes to VP of Purchasing
- Continually monitor budget variances, and participate in monthly budget meetings.
- Assist in the development of strategies to eliminate waste and reduce cost through value engineering and standardization of practices.
- Provide a minimum of five bids for each of the “top ten” trades, and three bids for others.
- Source new vendors for all trade categories on a continuous basis.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in all aspects of Purchasing, and while representing Melia Homes
Please email your resume & a cover letter with brief description of why you think you're the best fit for the position to Jennifer Covington, HR Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org