Inland Communities Corp. is seeking a Vice President, Homebuilding for its Inland Empire Division to direct all aspects of community building programs from concept development to buyer move-ins. The ideal candidate will have a significant background in the Home Building industry and has bona-fide experience and a high level of proficiency with the multiple disciplines related to building homes in a production environment.
- Oversee all division construction operations including home construction, project management, purchasing and customer care
- Hire and direct site supervision and support personnel
- Interface with civil, soils and structural engineers
- Oversee site security
- Interface with architects on design and value engineering of production homes
- Hire and direct consultants for noise analysis, soils management, energy, environmental impact, traffic studies, species habitat and utility design and installation
- Interface with city, county and utility agencies on plan submittals for approval and permitting
- Develop, analyze and manage budgets
- Interface with accounting regarding construction draw schedules and documentation
- Analyze and manage contracts
- Review product designs and issues with civil, soils and structural engineers
- Coordinate with construction personnel regarding production schedules and building and safety inspections
- Collaborate and approve design layout with all utility companies
- Coordinate model home development and completion
- Oversee customer care warranty issues
- Assist with the development of new community concepts
- Interface with Sales and Marketing personnel
- Oversee home delivery, Buyer orientations and service requests
In addition to the Position Summary items each employee may be required to perform other duties within the division organizational structure from time to time, as required.
The ideally qualified applicant will have 10 + years of recent experience in production oriented residential house construction. Applicant must possess a current General Contractor’s license, a High School diploma and some college and/or equivalent technical training. The applicant must have good verbal and written communication skills and be detail oriented. The applicant must possess a significant level of construction knowledge and management skills and be a team player with a strong work ethic and integrity. Applicants must have a reliable personal vehicle suitable for the job function and possess a valid California Driver’s License. Skills to operate, along with a basic knowledge of personal computers, spreadsheet programs and word processing are required.
The employer is a dynamic, privately-owned, land development and homebuilding company having its main office in Los Angeles, with projects spanning LA County into the Inland Empire. This position is domiciled in the Coachella Valley of California. The position offers growth and learning opportunities working directly with the main principal, a veteran of the land Development field with over 30 years’ experience and other seasoned professionals.
Please forward resume to: email@example.com or fax to 323.874.8800 – Please Include reference “VP Homebuilding 2014”.