JOB TITLE: Option Sales Manager
REPORT TO: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Set up an option program for each individual project that will fit the specific Market in the most profitable way. Will be responsible on upgrading and selling options to our homebuyers. Will provide clear and accurate information to the buyers and all related departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement an options program to maximize all option sales revenue and profits.
- Review plans to determine option set-up requirements
- Set-up option program and prepare for bidding
- Maintain option list, descriptions and option pricing, costs and profits
- Coordinate with purchasing to obtain take-offs and new pricing from trade partners
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with trade partners
- Negotiate bids, create bid spreadsheets and submit to Purchasing for review
- Meet with vendors and suppliers regarding new upgrades and options to sell to customers
- Discuss with management and recommend competitive options that enhance the new home sales process
- Monitor option profit margin percentage regularly to ensure accuracy and profitability and report to Purchasing department
- Design, set-up, coordinate and maintain all onsite option sale centers. Acquire samples from subcontractors and manufactures that will be offered at the community. Once models are complete, educate, inform and demonstrate all options to both sales agents and field personnel.
- Maintain accurate records through a computerized system for the options program. Input buyer orders from sales locations and differentiate which orders need to be processed according to the construction schedule. Coordinate all options through buyers, subcontractors, construction personnel, sales agents and customer service. Verify completion of all options.
- Schedule and meet with all new homebuyers for option purchases in approximately two appointments. Complete appointments with customer follow-up.
- Schedule appointments with homebuyers after contract signing to assist them with selecting standard and upgrade options for their homes
- Prepare accurate paperwork for all selections
- Coordinate all purchase orders to field, purchasing and subcontractors
- To avoid any production delays, ensure homebuyers must have paid all deposits, checks are cashed, orders are submitted and appropriate paperwork is forwarded to the subcontractor and Construction Manager by the construction cut-off date.
- Ensure homebuyers have finalized all options, and demands for escrow to collect monies owed to Griffin Residential have been created.
- Review specific reports with VP of Sales and Marketing, including option sales status on a monthly basis.
- Approve related invoices assuring that the option was ordered and the dollar amount for each item is correct, and has been installed.
- Coordinate a frame walk with buyer and Construction manager to walk all options to ensure they are installed before drywall.
- Review and compare competitor’s option programs to ensure appropriate selections and pricing is being offered.
- Other duties/special projects as requested.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Will require driving to different communities
- Will require working on weekends
- Will require ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs
- Three to Five year experience in New Home Option Sales preferred
- Working knowledge of the construction process
- Experience in Purchasing (negotiating and bidding)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Professional telephone etiquette skills
- Strong sales skills
Please email your resume to Tricia Napasindayao at firstname.lastname@example.org
Griffin Residential abides by federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin; or their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities. Moreover, Griffin Residential abides by federal and state laws requiring Griffin Residential to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.